Friday, September 7, 2012

ER Visit

I spent a few hours at the hospital tonight. I went by ambulance because I was feeling so sick and weak that I could barely move off the bed. I have been feeling sick on and off for awhile. I had blood drawn, urinalysis, and a CT scan on my kidneys because I have beginning stage nephropathy thanks to damn diabetes! Everything came back ok. Problem: I feel sick as hell and cannot find the cause. The ER focused on back pain. They didn't do anything to check for gallbladder disease. I guess tomorrow I am going to call my primary doc and talk to her. This is going on for too long! I am always nauseous. Drives me effing nuts. There has to be a medical reason for the fatigue and chronic general ill feeling. I like how I was puking in my room in a bucket and teared with pain and no one bothered to help. I couldn't find the nurse call button!!! I finally got another dose of Zofran and some Morphine for pain. I got sent home with a script for Phenegren for nausea and Vicodin for the pain. The Morphine has me wide awake! Ohhhh and how about the doctor ordered a damn chest x-ray when I came in with flank pain! All I can say about this entire hospital fiasco is WTF! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't stand hospitals, let alone doctors. They don't know what the heck they are doing... I remember going to the doctor once complaining about painful urination and my abdomin was hurting and the doctor I had at the time was telling me that it was nothing. This was when I was a minor. I said screw it and went to the hospital without my parents consent (well they gave me consent to be checked in at the hospital), and guess what, found out I had a fricken urinary tract infection... Tell you the truth, I don't want to see a doc, no matter how pain I fricken deal with...
    It's messed up how the hospital by you wants to just dope you with painkillers and pretty much push you out the door. It sucks that no one cares anymore... Even the fricken doctors!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See what the doc says. I hope all goes well.

      Delete