Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Complaint Letter to Herndon Branch Library-Orlando

***Yesterday was a nightmare here at the Orlando Public Library- Herndon Branch. It was EXTREMELY noisy. Librarians and patrons both were throwing DVDs into bins and slamming back on the shelves. They just don't give a damn how noisy they are. Cell phones were constantly going off with loud obnoxious ringtones. Put that shit on vibrate people! I expect a level of quietness when I come to the library! People conversating and talking quietly on their phones do not bother me. Its just the slamming of the DVDs and the cell phones going off. Some people here have no respect for library rules. I can tell you that Leesburg Public Library does NOT tolerate this kind of noise! I enjoyed going to the Leesburg library. But here, I do not like it but I have no choice. Its the closest one to home. Here is the letter I sent to the Orange County Library (they are the main branch here in Orlando). It is a lovely hate mail lol:

I would just like to suggest that the noise level at this library be cut down. Librarians and patrons alike are throwing DVDs and the cases into bins and this is extremely loud. I come here to do work for my masters degree in psychology with an emphasis on health psychology. This is hard work and I do expect a level of quietness. A large amount of the patrons are very quiet. However, at times their cell phones are ringing and they are often loud and annoying. I ALWAYS have my phone on vibrate and the sound turned off of my computer. Can you please institute a strict policy of people with their cell phones? Libraries are supposed to be quiet. I do not mind people conversating and making friends so long as they whisper. The problem I have is with the noise people are making with these DVDs and with cell phones. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

***Now let's see what type of response I get and if anything changes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment