Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Apple iOS 6

So I upgraded my 4th generation iPod touch to the new iOS software. While yes I love it, I also think it can be a pain. The app store quite often closes when I try to download an app or search for one. One of the games that I was playing no longer works on the new operating system. I have not checked out the maps but from I hear Apple Maps sucks. I say just get a damn Garmin or Tom Tom shit! That is what a GPS is for. Besides you can get a Garmin in Walmart for $89 plus tax with lifetime maps. I will be getting that SOON. Cheaper to buy a new one than upgrading the maps on mine.

Anyways, back to iOS 6. I really like the new feature that I can now share photos directly to Facebook and Twitter. So much easier! You can now also create photo albums on your iPod or iPhone which makes sorting my Instagram and wallpapers easy. With the iPod touch you can now send messages to iPhone users and share pictures. However, very rarely do my pictures send without an error. I have given up on sending pics to my daughter's iPod and my friends iPhone! Hopefully the bugs will be taken care of with the next update. Every day I have new app updates so the apps are coming up to speed for the iPhone 5 and the new iOS 6 operating system. One thing you will notice that goes missing when you upgrade to iOS 6 is that your YouTube will be POOF, no longer there! Don't sweat it! The app has been redone and is fantastic! I love the new YouTube app.

I can NOT speak for iPhone users. Only iPod touch. I have seen a television commercial out with a new 5th generation iPod touch. Looks pretty sleek and amazing but as far as I am concerned, that might be the only difference, is that it comes in colors now like the Nano. I am in NO rush to hurry and get an iPod 5. I paid $300 for the one I have now and its less than a year old. No need for a new one just yet. Maybe in a year when the kinks are out.

No comments:

Post a Comment